Thursday, June 4, 2009

Session 3: Augmenting Field Trips

This session was the second half of a presentation focused on one key concept. This key concept is quite simply all that needs to be said.
Link Location to Information

This is the key!

Whatever tool might be used. It is a wonderful key to link information to a specific location. Information that can locked to a location. When I visit the location physically, it would be ideal if my portable device would recognize my area and location relevant information would become available.

Now, if when I visit a location virtually, via Google Maps or BingMaps or any mapping tool I can see information relevant to that location. This is already happening. Another way of looking at this is that information can be geotagged. Just like photo's or video are now geotagged. Even a blogpost can now be geotagged (See draft.blogger.com)

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis