Thursday, April 9, 2009

What's on first?

What first up for creating multimedia? I am not entirely sure, but I found a new entry for Top 5 Cool multimedia tools on the web. The website xtranormal.com allows you to generate your own 3D movies with custom dialog and set pieces of animation.

This could be a phenomenal tool allowing students to storyboard and develop ideas for creating their own filmed movies. A teacher could also heighten media literacy by allowing students a chance to direct their own sequence which would heighten awareness of the tricks and techniques filmmakers use to create drama or move a story along.

Additionally foreign language could write dialog in the language their are learning. English teachers could use this to help teach dialog as well. A final interesting feature is that you are allowed to remix other videos which enables you to put your own twist on an idea without starting from scratch

Happy movie making!

1 comment:

bernice a.yoshimoto said...

Making a movie is a fantastic idea for reading and writing opportunities for all students. I would use this idea for a language arts project that could last for a couple of weeks. I'm keeping this idea for future lesson plans.

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis