Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Presenter's Tools

Last week I posted about the cool timer's that are available online. There are also some other greate tools, for working in front of a group or class.

I have used ZoomIt for about a year now and it is a truly useful tool. On a Windows computer you can zoom in on a specific region, draw lines, rectangles, circles and even type text. Keyboard shortcuts allow you to change your pen color with: orange, red, blue green and yellow options. You can also color the screen to black or white for a sketch pad. There is a built in countdown timer that allows you to manage activities and whatever your are doing is gone with a quick click of the esc key on you keyboard.

Another feature I have found particularly useful is the fact that ZoomIt will run from a flash drive or with the latest release directly from the web. Meaning I don't have to download it or install it on a strange machine I may be using.

Now, you are probably asking: What about the MAC? Well, I used to tell people, "Sorry, you can use the control key and scroll up to zoom in, but no drawing or other cool features" Turns out that like so many other times in my life I was wrong. Omnidazzle on the Mac will give you a lot of useful features to present or instruct from a computer. It allows you to highlight areas, zoom in or create focus on you mouse. Additionally it has some features that make finding your cursor on a large screen easier.

Links:

ZoomIt: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434.aspx

OmniDazzle: http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnidazzle/

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis