Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scheduling Yoga!

I used to joke with students that if they just let me run things we could really have a nice school schedule.

I used think there were at least 3 or 4 good ways to fix the school schedule.

4 days for students 5 days for teachers



If teachers gave up their prep time (for secondary teachers) and we extended the length of the school day we could have the same amount of instruction time. Now, this may mean we teach fewer things but  we could be more focused with that teaching. We would have longer times in each course like an A/B Block day and we as teachers would have an entire day for Prep and Professional development each week. As a teacher I could plan and get prepared for the entire upcoming week without interruptions. I could update all the grades every week.

There are other options, I just love this idea.

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis