Friday, May 1, 2009

Response to Jeff Utecht: When do we start teaching self-branding

No, it is self-branding not self branding. See his thoughts here His post brings up an interesting dynamic. Below is my response:


Self branding and identity protection create a unique tension in the online world. On the one hand I as a person want to protect myself from identity theft, on the other hand I am trying to carve out a piece of online territory that is ME! This becomes even trickier because our students are doing the same thing. They want to be recognized and heard and be noticed, but what if they are recognized and noticed?

Thanks for a thoughtful post


It makes me wonder though, do we really teach the technology? Kids get the branding idea already. That's why they myspace and facebook. They are defining who they are by in a sense advertising who they are. I don't know all the answers but the questions sure keep things interesting.

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis