Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 - A great new year

For the start of this year I thought I would kick things off with a great tool I have been using now for a few months.  Google Tasks.  It originally appeared in GoogleLabs as an add on to Gmail and then was added to Google



calendar and now it's a full fledged feature.  it is still attached to Gmail and Calendar, but you can also access it on Android phones, easily as a Web App on the Chrome store and in the Android Market place.  If you are signed in to your Google account you can find your tasks in Gmail by clicking on the Mail Button in the upper left corner and then choosing Task.

It is also available as a calendar and when you turn it on in calendars it opens a pane on the right handside of your calendar and lets you schedule tasks to take place at a certain time.  It has become my



replacement

for sticky notes and since it works on my Android phone it is literally everywhere with me.

Additionally you can access Tasks in any Browser including Safari on iOS devices by going to http://mail.google.com/tasks/ig

So plan your day, your week, your year.  What's your tech or educational New Year's Resolution.  Let us know in the comments.

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis