Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tech Tip Tuesday: Don't Go Paperless

A few months ago, during a staff meeting one of my respected colleagues shared some exciting and different ways of using a low tech solution in the high tech classroom.  Paper Foldables.  I had seen these before and even made a few in classes I was in but for some reason they really just caught my attention. The suggestion in our staff meeting was that creating foldable research projects for our Pioneer Class could make the class more exciting.  And it has.  I have taught about Pioneer and UEN resources several times in the months since this meeting and had a lot of fun giving grown-ups paper and glue and scissors so they can create a paper pyramid of learning mobile (pronounced mo -beel) or a 1-cut 8 page book.  There are lots of sites out there to learn about Foldables and here's a list from Larry Ferlazzo Another site from another colleague is this one here: http://www.homeschoolshare.com/lapbooking_resources.php

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis