Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday Web of the Week: learn.genetics.utah.edu



[caption id="attachment_953" align="alignleft" width="247" caption="learn.genetics.utah.edu"]learn.genetics.utah.edu[/caption]

Web address: http://learn.genetics.utah.edu


With the vast amount of resources available to us today it is easy to overlook the ones right on our doorstep.  I have heard this site referred to and the Genetic Science Learning Center is housed on the University of Utah campus.  so these folk are UEN's neighbors.  Despite every good reason I had for knowing about them.  I didn't.  Until yesterday when during a presentation one of the people involved in the project asked me why their materials weren't linked to our Science Resources page.  Well, they are now and we will be linking more.

These resources are fantastic simulations, activities and general background for those learning about genetics.  The focus of this project is specifically 5-12 and they have a fantastic staff that keeps freshening up the content.  The really wonderful thing is there is a sister site:

http://teach.genetics.utah.edu

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis