Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Response to TeachPaperless: Twitter has arrived...

This was a post that finally articulated what I have tried to say for 4 years. There are 'right relationships' online between students and teachers.

I love your turn of phrase "right relationships" I have been proposing that Education is really about relationships. We learn from people we know car about us. The concept, though, has been that any online relationship is inherently sinister, evil, and predatory. While I don't extol the idea that we should be facebook friends with all of our students there is a right way to forge "right relationships" in the digital world. A fan page for my class where I can post updates to all the students, a Twitter account for test reminders. A blog for announcements. The digital landscape is really no longer a den of thieves and thank you for articulating it so well!

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis