Monday, July 6, 2009

AfterNECC

I have a couple of partings words about NECC. It was a terrific! I liked it! In the future though, I will definitely plan better. There were a couple of this I should have done to enjoy the conference better:
  • Arrive early: I wish I had been there on Saturday for the EduBlogCon and to do some sightseeing
  • Don't Stay Late: In order to see all of the final session we stayed over until Thursday. I was so tired that all I did was sit in the hotel and blog and miss my family. I didn't get any sightseeing done that we thought we could do that day (See previous bullet)
  • Plan Sessions Early: I missed the online registration for the Bring Your Own Laptop Sessions so I missed out on several I would have like to got to
  • Have a plan of attack for Vendors: I could have gotten some effective personal and professional development if I had planned what I wanted to see at the Vendors area.
  • Plan meet ups: I really wanted to meet some of the people I interact with online. I tried the Tweet Up Meet Up and I did not do well. I should have planned some people to meet and set up plans for a session together, lunch or to meet at a Vendor's booth.
  • Leave some time unstructured: I should have left one afternoon open to do whatever came up. To wander the vendor's area, visit the blogger's cafe, or just chat with people I meet.
I think that if I get to go to ISTE2010 I will enjoy it even more, I will bring back more than I did this year at NECC09.

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis