Friday, February 3, 2012

Teaching is hard work

I have been out of the classroom for a while. We took a small hiatus from our face to face classes in order to renew our agendas and syllabi. But for the last two days I toughs PowerPoint 2010for teachers. Wee do just the basics, inserting text, images, audio video, and the other basic content types. It was so much fun to actually teach again. I have been teaching my college class, but it is somehow much different. There is a sense of lightheartedness about teaching teachers who don't get a grade and who really see what this is going to mean in their classroom. It was a long hard two days though because I forgot what it takes emotionally to be on for 8 hours solid. But a lot of things came together to really make it work. I chose a new sample project on Internet Safety which worked very well and is something all the teachers could relate to. I then chose a new model project to show off how to get resources and Amphibians was a great choice too because there are RS if resources available. It also makes a good model for story boarding. All in all a very good couple of days.

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis