Thursday, April 29, 2010

Teacher Magazine: No Value Added: The Mismeasurement of Teaching Quality

Teacher Magazine: No Value Added: The Mismeasurement of Teaching Quality

I haven't blogged much in a while because I have been so busy with so many other things, but this morning along comes a tweet, BTW Thanks @Larryferlazzo that insight-fully points out the flaws with the mandated programs that are killing our schools by killing our teachers.

My favorite line?

Asking students multiple choice questions about reading is an assessment approach with only marginal value, and it is just plain preposterous to claim we can assess student writing without the students actually writing.

No comments:

Welcome to Jorgie Learning

I really am learning and this blog is maintained both as a record of some of what I am doing as well as a place for me to train and teach others about creating an online presence. So please don't mind the dust. We aren't remodeling we are learning!

Visit some of my other blogs or the other blogs I find mildly entertaining for a more polished feel.

ShareThis